Posted on: Thursday, September 3, 2020
Texas License To Carry (LTC)
If you are an honorably retired Peace Officer and want to apply for an LTC with the state of Texas, you may do so at no charge provided you get a letter from the Chief of Police.  For instructions on how to do this, please follow the steps below:
  • On our website,, click on the link “Handgun & ID Renewal Info”.  This will take to you to the HPOU website.
  • On the HPOU site, click on “DPS Instructions & HPD Application”.   Read the instructions carefully and fill out all required forms.
  • Mail or email the forms to the information provided in the instructions.
  • The caveat is, you must have qualified at the HPD shooting range within 6 months prior to submitting your paperwork.
If you have further questions, contact HPD Employee Services at 713-308-1220.

Search Archives:
Printer Friendly Format  Printer Friendly Format    Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend    RSS Feed  RSS Feed
© 2020 Houston Police Retired Officers Association. All rights reserved.